Monday, March 10, 2014

MY MUM OR MY MARRIAGE

In June 2013 mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. she underwent surgery but the wound took long to heal. So as a 1st born I took her since at the village she had no one to look after her. so she joined us (my son DH(Dear Hubby) and myself)the same June. My place was best suited 4 her since i live within hospital compound n she needed her BP n blood sugars monitored.
                                                       Fig. Mum best under my care

 In august 2013 I conceived n I was still taking care of mom who had already started chemotherapy sessions. So me n mom started arguing a lot think its coz of hormonal imbalance. I was a real kisirani(pain) to every1 in the house. Dh was not spared either n i couldn’t even eat when he was around. His smell would make me lose appetite. Mom dint know i was paged but dh knew . Dh was concerned n we talked, I told him that I also din’t know wat was happening 2me, but may be its coz I was paged.I promised to try n behave myself.



I finally behaved myself and in November DH started misbehaving.  He would go out like 2 nits without a word n phone switched off. he stopped talking to mom claiming that she is pretending to b sick. When he was around, mom would lock herself in her room. Dh asked me to throw mom out of the house but I refused. Mind u he neglected his duties since January n even when mom fell ill he was not bothered at all. He dint help even to pay our house rent. In December he packed n left. I was 5 months pregnant. On enquiring why he left, he said that mom made him move out coz of her pretense.
                                       
                                        Fig 2.  5month Pregnant me
I launched my investigations only to learn that he had been cheating with a gal whom he had planned to move in with come January,2014.He also had a kid- boy whom he got b4 we met n has never told me. Now am left with my mom, son 5years and I’m 7 months paged.He did not care at all. Hasn’t been easy but I am trying to cope.


3months later he hasn’t called. I called only to be asked who I was?Meaning he had deleted my contact. I was desperate because I needed him to help with his son’s school fees but I was let down. Separation is not easy 2 handle but with Novenas(St. Jude, Holy Spirit n Rosary) I have managed to overcome the bitterness and loneliness. I know I made the right decision though sometimes I keep wondering what if I did as he asked….would I have saved my marriage?

(Story courtesy of a member of Pregnant Mom Support Group .)

No comments:

Post a Comment