Friday, December 19, 2014

MY DRESS MY CHOICE

This year has come with its own share of drama for women in Kenya. Some men have been stripping ladies in Nairobi for 'skimpy' dressing.This mostly happened at bus stops or in buses. The videos of the barbaric act left everyone in shock. It was more of rape and men fulfilling their wild imaginations.


                                                         One of the stripping incidents.

One of the many Kenyan ladies support groups on Facebook - 'Kilimani Mums' championed the protest against these acts and came out in numbers to tell the government to protect the ladies.Using the slogan #mydressmychoice they went viral on social media and in the country at large.Their voices were finally heard and the guys involved were arrested and charged in court.



Ladies in Nairobi during a peaceful protest against the strippings.


The ironic twist of this events is that the women representatives and other lady memebrs of parliament 
did not do anything to help.
But as they say Karma is a bitch.Yesterday the 12/18/2014 some male MP's were undressing the MP of Mbita Hon. Millie Odhiambo and molesting her sexually in parliament chambers in the full glare of cameras?Where are our values as a society?



Drama in the National Assembly of Kenya.

This is what Millie Odhiambo had to say about it on her facebook handle.

"..........I was boxed in the eye by Moses Kuria

as one permanent drunk pulled my

panty and another two pulled up my

dress. But I am not of the "
ayayayaya you slapped me fame!"
Moses Kuria amejua why am MP Mbita
elected and not appointed. Plus learn,
we pride as a people in nakedness Na
wamejua. When they tried to undress
me I completed the process for them. I
am fearfully and wonderfully made
and have no embarrassment over my
body. I can not and will not be
intimidated using my sexuality. Anyar
gi Mboya, nyakwar nyobiero, nyamin
Captain. Ok unyala. One MP had even
told us they have to kill one of us. He
is ordinarily my friend. I excuse the
temporary madness. CORD MPs am so
proud of you. If you bear any number2 to your name. The joke is on you. "



Past photo of Millie Odhiambo



Moses Kuria responded to this via his twitter handle





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. hot yoga shorts

    ReplyDelete